How To Avoid Getting Scammed

Hey,

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I was recently scammed. The sad part is that I’ve known of this guy for a while and he really seemed like a stand up dude. I’m really disappointed about how he’s treated me.

Anyways, I paid him for his mentorship and access to a course he created. The course was crap and I’ve yet to get anything but excuses out of him. Much less any useful mentorship…

Before I paid him he gave me every assurance that he would happily refund my money if I wasn’t satisfied and after several very direct refund requests he has stopped responding to me completely.

In the grand scheme of thing’s it’s not that big of a deal but honestly it really pisses me off. I don’t like it when I’m lied to. And I really don’t like looking like a fool.

If I lived within driving distance I would probably go there and smash on him with a baseball bat or stick a gun in his mouth.

Well… probably not… it’s not worth going to jail, but that’s how pissed off I really am.

To be clear, the above statements don’t constitute a threat of any kind. I’ll be handling this matter through the courts, not by force.

Ok, now that I’ve got that off of my chest, here’s how to avoid being scammed:

1. Never pay someone in a way that you can’t force a refund through a third party. Paypal is great because they have a pretty hassle free refund process no matter who you paid or what you paid them for. But if you paid through some other payment processor you can still file a chargeback through your credit card company.

If someone asks you to send a check, money order, cashiers check, western union etc… that’s a huge red flag that they might be setting you up. They know their product/service is shit and they’re trying to make sure you can’t get your money back.

Even if you sue them there’s pretty close to no chance that you’ll ever get your money back. If you win a law suit you still have to figure out how to collect. You can garnish their wages, put a levy against a piece of property, etc… it’s not like you win and they sign you a check on the spot.

2. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is. 95% of everything you need to know about making money on the internet can be found for free online, and the other 5% won’t matter until you’re big enough to make friends with people who will teach you for free like affiliate managers, vendors, and maybe even other affiliates.

3. Stop looking for a magic bullet. Never get desperate. This is why I failed. I violated rule #1 because I was desperate for a solution. I eventually figured it out on my own anyways. Whenever you notice yourself getting desperate or emotional in general about spending money it’s probably time to take a step back and sleep on it for a few days or even talk to someone about it before pulling the trigger.

I sincerely hope you never have to go through something like this. It really sucks. No matter what, never give up, never stop fighting for your personal freedom.

 

 

2 thoughts on “How To Avoid Getting Scammed”

  1. Hi Joey,

    This is excellent advice. I wish I knew about it long ago. I’ve been scammed in the past also. Another thing to avoid is products sold by Clicksure. They offer refund guarantees but never honour them. They never respond to support requests. The best way to stay out of trouble is buying only through networks that offer that buyer protection

    1. I’ve never bought anything through there, thanks for sharing your experience with them. The more I learned about that network and the kinds of products on it and even the strategies being used to sell that stuff the more I decided to get away from the whole market. The whole ‘make money’ info products world is riddled with snake oil salesman. It’s really pretty crazy what they get away with…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *